21938 - Point of no return - Contemporary Testimonies of the German-Jewish Diaspora

Zurück zum Artikel
3 von 20
Die baufälligen Backstein-Gebäude des ehemaligen jüdischen Kinderheims in der Auguststraße 14-16, aufgenommen am 4. Mai 2007. Das Kinderheim "Ahawah" (Liebe) von 1861 wurde in den 1990er Jahren von der Jewish Claims Conference an die Jüdische Gemeinde Berlin rückübertragen.
The derelict brick building of the former Jewish children’s home in the Auguststraße 14-16, photographed on May 4, 2007. The children’s home Ahawah (Hebrew for “love”) from 1861 was restituted by the Jewish Claims conference to the Jewish community of Berlin in the 1990s. (© Foto: Picture-Alliance / Tagesspiegel)